25 Sep How to Navigate and Survive #MiamiCarnival
Tips provided by Attorney Marlon Hill- How to Navigate and Survive #MiamiCarnival
- Collect flyers from local Caribbean restaurants or visit popular local websites like sflcn.com, foxxcreations.com, IslandMix.com, or smallislandmassive.com to create your customized listing of Carnival events.
- Listen to Caribbean Saturdays on WZAB 880AM (880thebiz.com) 9am-6pm, especially Mike Andrews (12-3pm), for the latest in Miami Carnival news.
- South Florida is a regional community of three counties (Miami Dade, Broward and Palm Beach). Plan your travel accordingly between events with a GPS map. Carpooling is recommended to save on parking or assigning designated drivers.
- Playing mas is a must experience (whether in costume or for j’ouvert). Many bands accept late registrations.
- South Florida has an eclectic mix of Caribbean restaurants. Be sure to place bulk orders in advance for pick up. Avoid the long lines.
- For all Carnival events and fetes, it is best to pre-purchase tickets online. Prices are generally discounted and more at the door.
- Pick your Carnival schedule for the week in advance (from Wednesday, October 7 to Monday, Oct 12) and stick with it. Pace yourself.
- Drink lots of water or fluids (especially if consuming alcohol). Socarobics burns lots of calories.2. Wear comfortable shoes and sunscreen for outdoor events (unless the event requires extra stylishness)
- Miami Carnival is a huge boost to the local tourism economy. Be proud of your own purchasing power of your tickets, food, shopping, and travel. You are creating jobs and supporting your culture in a meaningful way.
#MiamiCarnival Tips Provided by Marlon A. Hill, partner, Hamilton, Miller & Birthisel, LLP and general counsel to Miami Broward One Carnival Host Committee, Inc. follow on Twitter – @MarlonAHill