26 Sep Thousands Expected To Visit South Florida To Celebrate 30 Years of Miami Carnival
Thousands Expected To Visit South Florida To Celebrate 30 Years of Miami Carnival
Miami Carnival Celebrates Pageantry Through Color and Fantasy, Vibrant Costumes, Infectious Soca And Electrifying Sounds of Steel bands
Location: Miami-Dade County Fair & Expo Center
Admission: Advance General Admission Tickets- $27 & $100 VIP tickets- Advance on-line at www.miamibrowardcarnival.com
Time: 11am-11pm– Parade Kicks off at 12 noon
Directions: From North of Miami- Take SR 826 to exit at SW 8 St/ Tamiami Trail to exit Coral Way/ SW 24 Street, turn right and travel West to SW 112 Ave.
Mas Bands Competing: 1 Gye Nyame Productions (Crossing Over), Big & Strong – One Island Band (Trick or Treat), Break Awae Kru (Soldier Meet Sailor), Bajan Fuh Eva (Our Island Tour), Euphoria Mas (Let’s Dance), Freaks Mas (Alter Ego), Fun Generation Cares (Peep of The Orient), Fusion Karnival LLC (Addiction), Generation X (Poseidon’s Kingdom), Mas Brothers Producers Inc. (Fantasy “A Peep of the Orient”), Mascots International (Mi Vida Caribeña), The Carnival Republic (Mille Fleurs), The Party Room Squad (Trésor), TiChapo (Kanaval on Broadway), Wassi Ones (Wow!), D Junction Mas (Unleash “Your Inner Animal”).
Hash Tag– #MiamiCarnivalTurns30
Miami, FL. Sept. 25, 2014– The colorful costumes and vibrancy will make for over the top pageantry, masterfully created by the designers of the 17 masquerade bands who will celebrate 30 Years of Miami Carnival at the Miami Dade County Fair & Expo Center (10901 Coral Way, Miami, FL 33165), on Sunday, October 12, 2014. The parade of bands will be led by The Street Band as seen at the Miami Heat home games. The seventeen competing masquerade bands are expected to showcase their colorful, creative and vibrant costumes in the parade of the bands. 1 Gye Ny Ame mas band looks to keep their coveted title of Band of the Year. The parade starts at 12noon. The Mas Band judging stage will be hosted by Giselle D Wassi One, MC Wassy, Mike Andrews and Eddy Edwards. This year the Miami Carnival Host Committee Inc., (MBOCH) has crafted a family event that also includes a Caribbean Village with Caribbean inspired arts, crafts and food. Miami Carnival is an essential component of South Florida’s tourism. There are Carnival aficionados who travel from NY, Toronto, Trinidad and Tobago, Antigua, Atlanta, DC to name a few places. This year’s hash tag is #MiamiCarnivalTurns30.
The Miami Carnival concert stage will be powered by an infectious grove of music that will display the talents of some of the biggest heavy weights in the Caribbean community and the world. The lineup includes headliner Kerwin Du Bois (International Soca Award Winner 2012), Iwer George (Power Soca Monarch 2014 Finalist), Ricardo Dru (2014 Antigua Soca Monarch King), Patrice Roberts (2014 International Soca Monarch-Semi-Finalist), Dil-E-Nadan (#1 Soca Chutney Band), Red Hot Flames (Antiguan Soca band from St. John), Farmer Nappy (2014 Digicel International Groovy Soca Monarch), and Pumpa (USVI Soca King). Angela Yee, Charlamagne Tha God and DJ Envy who make up the Breakfast Club talent team from Power 105.1and IHeartMedia will be hosting the performance stage.
Carnival is a real and tangible layer of the Caribbean heritage that contributes to the arts, music, history and cultural identity of Caribbean people. Miami Carnival is the last major North American event on the carnival circuit leading up to Trinidad and Tobago Carnival in 2015.
Special thanks to the 2014 Miami Carnival sponsors:
Corporate – Coca Cola, iHeartMedia Inc, 103.5 The Beat, Mega 94.9, Greater Miami Convention and Visitor’s Bureau, Delancy Hill PA., Yellow Cab, Discovery Tours, LLC, The Check Cashing Store, Black Hospitality Initiative of Greater Miami. Caribbean Airlines is the official airline carrier for Miami Carnival
Media – Caribbean American- Passport News Magazine, Vybz Radio, South Florida Caribbean News, Global 99.5FM, EventsRUsonline.com, Caribbean Connect, Weekends with the Breakfast Club, VibesUnite, SmallIslandMassive
.com, Caribbean National Weekly, Red Eye, Jamaicans.com, Take Charge Anywhere, Now Magazine
Public Sector – Broward County Florida, Miami-Dade County
The Miami Carnival is made possible with the support of the Miami-Dade County Department of Cultural Affairs and the Cultural Affairs Council, the Miami-Dade County Mayor and Board of County Commissioners.
South Florida Ticket Outlets
*The Check Cashing Store- Visit www.thecheckcashingstore.com for the 83 South Florida locations
*Miami Carnival Office- 18425 NW 2nd Ave, Miami, FL 33169- 305-653-1877
*Joy Roti Shop- 1235 Northwest 40th Avenue, Lauderhill, FL 33313- 954-587-7700
*Tropical Feast- 18400 NW 2nd Ave, Miami, FL 33169- 305-652-8648
*Naz Roti Shop- 6329 Miramar Pkwy, Miramar, FL 33023- 954-987-3964
*Caribbean Delite- 9491 SW 160th St, Palmetto Bay, FL 33157- 305-254-6606
*Tropical Oasis- 20737 NW 2nd Ave #144, Miami, FL 33169- 305-654-8320
Advance tickets on line and at outlets is $27 & $100 VIP Experience Ticket – more at the door.
Social Media Channels
Miami Carnival Signature Events
- Sunday, September 27, 2014– Miss Miami Carnival Pageant- Miramar Cultural Center- 2400 Civic Center Pl, Miramar, FL 33025- Call 954.602-4500 for tickets. Time: 7pm
- Sunday, October 5, 2014 – Jr. Carnival Parade of Bands – Central Broward Regional Park & Stadium – 3700 NW 11th Street, Lauderhill, FL 33311. 1pm-8pm (Parade starts at 2pm) Admission: $10 and $1.50 Park Fee
- Friday, October 10, 2014 – Panorama Competition/Kings, Queens, Individuals – Central Broward Regional Park & Stadium – 3700 NW 11th Street, Lauderhill, FL, 33311. Time: 4pm-11pm. Admission: $10
- Saturday, October 11, 2014 – Official J’Ouvert – Central Broward Regional Park & Stadium – 3700 NW 11th Street, Lauderhill, FL 33311- Time:7am-2pm. Admission: Advance Tickets $15.00
- Sunday, October 12, 2014 – Miami Broward Parade of Bands and Concert – 30 Years of Miami Carnival Celebration – Miami-Dade County Fair Expo Center – 10901 Coral Way, Miami, FL 33165. Time: 11am-11pm.
For media credentials or interviews, please contact:
Harris Public Relations
Yvette N. Harris
VIP Entrance- 109 Ave Gate 3. General Admission: 111 Ave on 24 Street.
Directions to Miami Carnival 2014
From Broward County West (Coral Springs, Sunrise, Pembroke Pines, Lauderhill, Miramar)
1. Take Sawgrass Expressway South to I-75 Or take I-595 West to I-75 South (or FL Turnpike South)
2. Take I-75 South to ramp (exit 8) to right to Florida’s Turnpike South toward Miami/Homestead
3. Keep on Florida’s turnpike South to EITHER SW 8 Street (Tamiami Trail) or SW 40 Street and go East
4. At SW 8 Street (Tamiami Trail) exit, Turn right onto US-41 East/ SW 8th Street, go to SW 107th Ave, make right, go to SW 24th Street/ Coral Way and make right and will Arrive at the Fairgrounds
5. At SW Bird Road 40th Street exit, make left and go east to SW 112th Ave, make left and head north to Fairgrounds
From North Miami, Miami Lakes or Miami Gardens
1. Take 826 South
2. Exit SW 24th Street, Coral Way, go West
3. Cross SW 107th Ave, the Fairgrounds will be on right
From East (Miami Beach or Downtown Miami)
1. Take I-95 (north or south) to 836 West
2. Take Exit ramp for 826 South
3. Exit SW 24th Street, Coral Way, go west
4. Cross SW 107th Ave, the Fairgrounds will be on right
From South (Homestead, Cutler Bay or Kendall)
1. Take Turnpike North or SW 117th Avenue north
2. Exit SW 40 Street (Bird Road)
3. Make right on Bird Road SW 40th Street and go to SW 112 Avenue, turn left onto SW 112 Avenue and continue to Fair entrance at SW 24 Street