13 Sep CODE OF CONDUCT
CODE OF CONDUCT
Holder acknowledges that, in addition to other Carnival’s rules and requirements, the Carnival has put in place preventative measures and rules to reduce the risk of spread of COVID-19; all of them set forth in the Carnival’s Code of Conduct below. All attendees (including ticket holders, sponsors, vendors, media, mas or Jouvert bands and other participants) must abide by the aforementioned Carnival Code of Conduct at all times. Anyone found to be in violation of any of such terms will be asked to immediately leave the Event, without refund.
We believe that the Carnival events should be enjoyed by all attendees. As such, we are committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for all. We invite all sponsors, vendors, attendees, media, mas or Jouvert bands and other participants to help us realize a safe and positive event experience for everyone.
Please be courteous and respectful to those around you and refrain from behavior that interferes with others’ ability to enjoy the Event. Refrain from demeaning, discriminatory or harassing behavior and speech. Be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants. Alert event organizers if you notice a dangerous situation or someone in distress. Attendees shall comply with all requests from Carnival staff regarding operational and emergency procedures.
Unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated whether by an attendee, media, vendor, volunteer, organizer, venue staff, partner, mas band or sponsor. Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to immediately comply. If anyone is found to be engaging in unacceptable behavior, the event organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including expulsion from the event without warning or refund and if appropriate, involvement of local law enforcement. Unacceptable behaviors include:
1. Intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory, or demeaning conduct by any attendee of the event or related event activities. Many event venues are shared with members of the public; please be respectful to all patrons of these locations.
2. Physical or verbal abuse, intimidation, threats, annoyance, harassment, stalking, pushing, shoving or use of any physical force whatsoever against any person, which in any way creates a disturbance that is disruptive or dangerous, or creates apprehension in a person, as determined by the Carnival and its event management, in their sole discretion.
3. Possession of a weapon or any item that can be used as a weapon, which may be used to threaten or cause injury to others if used in a certain manner.
4. Any destruction or vandalizing of personal property or event site or materials.
5. Any boisterous, lewd or offensive behavior or language, using sexually explicit or offensive language or conduct, profanity, obscene gestures, or racial, religious or ethnic slurs.
6. Possessing any open can, bottle or other receptacle containing any alcoholic beverages, except in areas specifically designated for the consumption of alcohol or being intoxicated, as determined by the Carnival, in any event venue or function. Please drink responsibly.
7. Possessing any illegal substance, including but not limited to narcotics, marijuana, or other illegal drugs. The Carnival does not tolerate the use or abuse of illegal substances anywhere in the event venues.
8. Smoking is not permitted, other than in designated areas.
9. Assembling for the purpose of, or resulting in, disturbing the peace, or committing any unlawful act or engaging in any offensive behavior.
10. Any other illegal activity not already covered above.
11. Failure to obey any of the rules or regulations of the event venues or instructions of the event staff.
COVID-19 Health & Safety Protocols.
By attending a 2021 Miami Carnival Event:
1. You acknowledge that you (and all ticketed attendees) will comply with all Miami Carnival Health & Safety Protocols, before and during the event, including but not limited to face mask requirements.
2. You acknowledge that you (and all ticketed attendees, masqueraders or other participants) will be required to present a record of a negative RT-PCR test no earlier than Wednesday, October 6, 2021 prior to arriving at a Miami Carnival 2021 event.
3. You (and all ticketed attendees and participants) understand that by attending Miami Carnival 2021 and therefore being subject to these COVID-19 Protocols, Miami Carnival reserves the right to refuse entry or remove an individual from an event if any such protocols are breached
If you have a disability and need an accommodation in order to participate in the Event, please contact the Carnival at (305) 653-1877 or firstname.lastname@example.org at least three (3) days prior to the Event.