22 Sep Miami Broward one Carnival 2019 | Travel information
Many interesting events take place in Miami every year. Miami Broward One Carnival is one of the most colorful events in the city. The Caribbean-American community holds a colorful carnival in Miami every year. The festival is held, as a rule, in early October. The most interesting carnival events are held in the Columbus Day. The culmination of the carnival is the carnival parade and festival, which are held on Sunday.
In 2019, the main event of Miami Carnival will be held on October 07.
Dates of carnival
(Estimated dates for 2019.)
- September 29, 2019, Saturday. 12:00 – 21:00. Junior Carnival. Location: Central Broward regional park.
- 5 October 2019, Friday. 12:00 – 23:00. Miami Carnival’s Panorama. Several colorful events will take place on this day. Show of carnival costumes Kings and Queens – 16:00 – 19:00. Steelband Panorama 19:00 – 23:00. Location: Central Broward regional park.
- October 6, 2019, Saturday. 07:00 – 15:00. J’ouvert – a festival in the Caribbean style.
- October 13, 2019, Sunday. 11:00 – 23:00. The main day of the carnival, a carnival parade and a concert. Venue: Miami-Dade County Fairgrounds (central part of Miami).
Miami Broward One Carnival is held in several places in Miami (in the center and in the Broward County).
The culmination of the carnival takes place at the Miami-Dade County
- Fairgrounds in central part of Miami. Address: Miami-Dade county Fair&Expo 10901 Coral way, Miami, Fl 33165. The distance to the airport is about 10 miles (about 16 kilometers).
- Part of the events is held in the central park of the Broward County. Address: Central Broward Regional Park – 3700 NW 11th Place, Lauderhill, FL 33311.
Broward County is part of the Miami metropolis, and is located slightly north of downtown and Miami Beach. The distance from the park to Miami Beach and to Miami airport is about 30 miles (about 50 kilometers).
Prepare for your trip to Miami (All you need in one place).
It might be interesting for you:
- The best hotels in Miami.
- Cheap hotels in Miami Beach.
- Annual Events in Miami and Miami Beach.
- USA map of interesting places for the traveler.
Information for tourists
Miami Broward One Carnival is a bright colorful festival that reflects the traditions, spirit, passion and emotionality of the peoples of the Caribbean region. Festive mood is created by rhythmic Soca music, passionate dances and bright costumes. Visitors to the carnival will enjoy authentic food, listen to live Soca, watch carnival parades and competitions (or take part in them). This is an interesting event for those who like rhythmic music and communication with cheerful people.
- Miami Carnival (MBOC) begins one week before Columbus Day, late September or early October.
- The first event of the carnival is Junior Carnival (an event for young people and children), which is held on Sunday (one week before the main day of the carnival). Junior Carnival is an annual parade that gives children the opportunity to participate in this festival of Caribbean culture.
- Friday of Columbus Day weekend, several interesting events are held, including: Kings, Queens and Individuals Show and Competition and the Steelband Panorama competition.
- J’Ouvert is celebrated on Saturday morning.
- The culmination of the carnival is a parade, concert and festival, which are held on Sunday in Columbus Day weekend. The parade usually begins at noon.
Information for foreign tourists (who may not know some facts that are known to the inhabitants of America).
Columbus Day is an anniversary holiday in honor of the arrival of Columbus in America, which occurred on October 12, 1492. On this day, the US population celebrates the anniversary of the opening of their country.
J’ouvert is a large street party held during the carnival in many Caribbean countries, and in areas where people from the Caribbean immigrated.
Soca music is a genre of Caribbean music.
The Caribbean Sea is a part of the Atlantic Ocean, which lies south of Cuba and north of South America.
Steel band is a musical ensemble, which includes various kinds of steel drums and other Latin percussion instruments. The basis of the repertoire of such orchestras is the music in styles of the peoples of the Caribbean region.
Perhaps you need a place to stay in Miami. There are enough hotels that are located near the places of carnival. Staying at the hotel can be convenient both to active participants in the carnival, and to the spectators.
Here are a few examples.
Most of the hotels are located at some distance from the Miami-Dade county Fair Expo. Among the nearest hotels can be called, for example:
- Comfort Suites Miami (3-star hotel). Address: 3901 Southwest 117th Avenue, Kendall, FL 33175, USA.
- Courtyard Miami at Dolphin Mall (3-star hotel). Address: 11275 Northwest 12th Street, Miami, FL 33172, USA.
Most of the hotels are located at some distance from the Central Broward Regional Park, for example:
- Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort. Address: 505 North Fort Lauderdale Beach Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304, USA.
- The Victoria Park Hotel A North Beach Village Resort Hotel. Address: 855 Northeast 20th Avenue, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304, USA.
Original Article: http://www.visit-plus.com/travel/events/miami-carnival